Living life as a series of projects is the best thing you can do. Instead of showcasing your life years as experience or degrees – show what projects you did.
But a project is something uncertain and new and scary. Most of the times it doesn’t work.
As such how do you proceed to do another project – what is the success barometer.
Here is a checklist to run when you are in doubt when doing a project:
- A project needs to have an end date or end result, so you can start new projects.
- But it doesn’t meant, you do lazy work in project. Instead it is the opposite, you give your best and at the end you are proud of the output.
- If it generates loads of money, changes culture and becomes a worldwide phenomena – great. But it’s okay if you are the only one seeking thrill.
- At the same time, when you are trying such projects, you will find few people on the same path- either they will follow you are become your co-passengers.
- It’s the experience which matters a lot. And not the end result. The output, result is usually a nice bonus.
- Your idea changes, you change – so don’t hesitate to do opposite projects.
- Share your projects – don’t spam. Be generous, human and empathetic.
- It’s often quantity for most people. Some people do little and get best. And some people show up everyday to progress.
- Do some collaborative projects – it’s an experience worth having.
- Document the progress for some projects, it becomes a nice story to share. And you can reflect back on how you have grown.
- Internet is the biggest leverage right now. If you can, you should do it on the Internet.
- Meet amazing people, do creative work and seek thrill – that’s the 3 important things. Rest are fleeting.
- You have to compromise on other things. You choose, it depends on you.
Now go and make an awesome project. You have my permission…