If you are doing anything for fun then everything is okay. But if you are hoping to make passion your full time thing then it’s time to introspection.
Yes you can have many passions like cycling, fashion and writing.
But if you keep doing them all chances are you won’t anywhere in your journey. However you don’t want to abandon other things too.
So what’s the solution..let’s find out
Focus One Passion
It’s okay to keep doing 100 things but you have to devote majority of your time into one passion.
For example, do 8 hours of writing and 2 hours for everything else per week.
If you grow or see some tangible effect in 2 years (you decide how long), then go even harder and crush it.
Or you can skip that and try another passion with such dedication.
One of the two things will happen – slowly you will find that one thing which brings in happiness and money. So you are sorted.
Or you will find nothing translates but now you can keep doing them for fun. And if something new inspires you, you can try that out.
A few things to note:
- It’s okay to not have any passion
- Sometimes passion is fun because you aren’t making from them
- You can have multiple passions
- If you fail then it doesn’t mean anything about you as a person
- Because most of the success is luck, many people do hard work
- Often leverage plays a role – try to find that in your passion/field
- Don’t reinvent the wheel
- Often when there is no competition, it means no market
- Take risk so you don’t go bankrupt -often try things before investing
- Life in general is meaningless, we all are trying something to make sense
- Take your time
- It’s never too late
- Execute small, fail fast if there is low or no downfall like making YouTube videos
- Enjoy the ride