What Do You Provide?
Continuing with last post in becoming a good freelancer, let’s explore what is what you as a freelance provide.
What do people buy when they buy something from you?
People buy the experience of dealing with a human who is empathetic, honest and determined to push you.
When you work with me, you get a work of passion. Something which you can take and level it up more. And I am there – for you to bring out the best narrative.
Leave out the easy, repetitive, generic stuff… What you are doing that’s difficult?
The thing which is difficult which I add is –
- Bringing a personal connection to the work
- More ideas to help in the big picture
- Commitment to grow together
- Your pain points will be addressed
- I will hear
- And I will connect at deeper level
- Make the work which you will be proud of
- A sense of better human being
That’s it. Go ahead and answer the same – if you want to become a professional freelancer.
List 10 Things You Deliver To Your Client – Things that aren’t the thing. Things like timeliness, confidence, respect, a story, etc.
- Understanding of their pain points
- Making them proud of the result
- Listening them
- Making their project personal to mine
- Becoming their partner in ideas
- Recommending them resources
- Standing for them
- Giving the more as required
- Giving the more when not required
Because merely being better isn’t of value if you are late or keep on giving excuses
Deliver something to people they value